I got these questions from Be Smart Book Blog and decided “Just For Fun” I’d do this too.
To see the post at the Be Smart Book Blog, go to: http://www.bbooksmart.com/the-ultimate-book-tag/
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I don’t get sick in any moving object and can read quite possibly anywhere.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Johanna Lindsay. I dont know why but her coversational book writing just draws you in so fast.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter hands down because of
- the writer made the unbelievable believable
- I just loved growing up with Harry Potter
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
Instead of a purse, I carry a shoulder bag. It has my whole life in it. Including my Chrome laptop, Kindle and two books : a marketing book and one of my books that I need for reference or I need to edit. Along with all the charge cords and anything else I need in a bind including breathe mints and usually some chocolate somewhere down in the bottom.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
I like mine with none. leaves so much to the imagination.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
it was an urban book i read a long time ago. cant remember the author but I remember the story. later on when i saw the story (the author had republished with a better book cover but had kept the story the same) I washorried at what I had read.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I had read a book about a boy named alvin called superweasel. He wanted to clean up his city and it just made me want to do the same so much I use to make up plans to sneak out like Alvin and clean up parks and streets around my neighborhood, but I was too scared of my dad catching me and giving me a beating so I never did.
9. What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
All my books burned in the fire so this is a sore subject for me since my shelf burned in the fire too.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Again with the shelf thing, but the thickest book currently that I own would be Thornbirds. Loved that story so much.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I’m an author now and I still read as much as I write.
12. When did you get into reading?
My mother had me reading The Hobbit when I was five.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Pride and prejudice
14. In school, was your best subject Language Arts/English?
English, JOurnalism, Debate and Drama.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I’d at least try to read it before I regifted it or donated it to charity
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Lottery would be a lot like the Hunger Games but that wouldn’t be a series. Otherwise, no I don’t kow.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
18. What is your favorite word?
onomatopoeia. The most awesome word in the English language and it makes your mouth happy when you say it. try it.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd inside and out
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Well, Fairies. I think YOu can quite possibly expand on Fairies in all sci fi genres as the beginning of what monsters were before they turned evil. You can also bequeath a Fairie with so much more than a simple Vampire.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels, becausee I love there’s order to them and they automatically can become shapeshifters if they want. nah!
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. .. oh we’re not talking about alcohol are we?
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
I guess Vampires because I guess their way more logical than zombies.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love is what I started off with but now I’ve gotten into love triangles and they seem good but so difficult. I hate choosing when it comes to love.
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I’d take a full on romance although I write the latter.
Now that you’ve read my tag, if you have a blog, do so and take this post by just inserting the link into your post.
I hope you enjoyed this tag!