October 25, 2011 by Sylvia Hubbard
(If you’d like to copy and paste this interview and press release on your blog you have the author‘s full permission)
For Immediate Release
Award Winning Bestselling Author, Sylvia Hubbard, makes exclusive eBook available for paperback.
Whatever happens to those bad people who destroy lives, sever family ties and never learn their lesson?
They end up in a Sylvia Hubbard story. In the sequel to her most downloaded book, Love Like This, Detroit Author, Sylvia Hubbard weaves an intricate tale of suspense romance.
In her new book, Hope Is Love, (HubBooks/CreateSpace $7.99 November 2011), Hubbard presents a contemporary tale about a woman named Hope, who’s given up on everything and wishes death would come soon to take her away from her misery. Yet, when she makes a decision to actually care for someone in need, she realizes she may have made the worst decision of her life. Rescuing James Black from near death brings her into his world of lies, deceit and murder.
“When there is nothing, there’s always Hope,” Sylvia believes. “I created two very diverse characters from different walks of life that have no chance at love or happiness, but as an author, I strive to make that happen, no matter the odds.”
Along with being a suspense/romance author of over 25 novels, Sylvia Hubbard is also an avid blogger, founder of Motown Writers Network & AAELN, radio host of The Michigan Literary Network and chairperson of The Essence of Motown Literary Jam & Conference. As a native Detroiter and a single mother of three, Hubbard works tirelessly in Metro Detroit to erase illiteracy and strengthen the Michigan Literary Network.
More information about Sylvia Hubbard and all her books can be found on her website at http://www.SylviaHubbard.com or wherever books are sold. Media inquires, book signings and speaking engagements can be made with Andrea Daniels, AND Communications email@example.com 313.468.2459.
Author Questions about Current Work, Hope Is Love
1. What made you create a sequel to Love Like This?
A lot of readers really enjoyed the characters that were involved in Love Like This. Instead of creating another story for Ethan and his wife, I decided to bring characters from there and give the reader another great story.
2. The protagonist , Hope, really leads the contradiction of her namesake? Why did you build her life to be so miserable?
In order for us to get up, we have to know we’ve been knocked down otherwise we’ll continue to stay down and be even more miserable. Hope was in that situation and I knew giving her a name like Hope would clearly signify her horrible situation, even more. Her trials and tribulations were very needed to show what is possible when one is at this point in their lives.
3. James was clearly a selfish man consumed with only his happiness. From reading about his evil deeds in Love Like This and what he did to his brother, a lot of readers really hated him. Why bring him into this story with someone as fragile as Hope?
I’ve always believed people who do bad things to others, are really unhappy themselves. There comes a point though when we are tired of the disconnect and in need of finding that one person that will complete us. James was coming to that point in his life and Hope really came to his rescue in more ways than one.
4. Why have your readers crowned you Cliff Hanger Queen?
To me, I think it happened by accident. Back in 2004, I started live blogging a book called Mistaken Identity from Monday through Friday; taking the weekends off. I was actually typing out a book from the top of my head on a blog where readers could come and see the “magic” happen. Yet, when things would become really intense, that’s when I had to take a break in the story, leaving the reader all worked up and waiting until Monday morning to find out what happened next. I started receiving phone calls, death threats and wails of hair pulling until I finally finished the book. It was a great experience for me as a writer to get an actual reader comments as I was writing and I was addicted to do it again and again. I try to do a live book now once a year. In 2011, I’m taking on NaNoWriOrg.com and will be live blogging all through the month of November.
5. Why did you only make Hope Is Love available as a download from your website The Literary World Of Sylvia Hubbard?
With the popularity of Love Like This and the wonderful way the readers have embraced that novella, I wanted to show appreciation for them by writing a book just for them. By making this a website exclusive (available as a pdf and epub for only $1.99) I have created a gift to my readers. I hadn’t released a new paperback in a while and decided this was also a good time to still reach readers who have not acclimated with the new electronic formats.
6. Is there more to come for the characters in these books or you as an author?
There’s another book on its way, The Mysterious Mr. Black. This is a very deep, dark novel that really gets into love on a whole new level. I hope to release that in 2012 in ebook and also I will be releasing His Substitute Wife… My Sister, which involves Parker from Love Like This as an ebook and paperback in March of 2012.
More information about Sylvia Hubbard and all her books can be found on her website at http://www.SylviaHubbard.com or wherever books are sold. Media inquires, book signings and speaking engagements can be made with Andrea Daniels, AND Communications firstname.lastname@example.org 313.468.2459
(If you’d like to copy and paste this interview and press release on your blog you have the author’s full permission)
Upcoming Book Release Party for Hope Is Love
November 12, 2011 3pm
Virgil Carr Cultural Center
311 E. Grand River, Detroit, Michigan 48226
Giveaways, prizes and more!
To see more of the Black Family Series, click on the covers
- Reader Question: Will Hope is Love Be Available Elsewhere? Like Kindle? Or Nook? (sylviahubbard.com)
- Counting down to @NaNoWriMo and excited as I prepare to write a “killer” novel in 30days! Who’s with me? #amwriting (cc: @nanowrimotown) (sylviahubbard.com)
- Drumroll, please…. Drawing The Line is now available on #kindle! Mistaken Identity Series 1.5 Available now! (sylviahubbard.com)
- For my birthday, a gift for you! Sweet Justice Video – Watch, Share and Comment! Thx! (sylviahubbard.com)
- #WritersWednesday Gripe: U only ask me questions about yr writing, but u have never supported a project or event I’m doing. #lotsofnerve (sylviahubbard.com)