LiveStory post | If you’re just joining us, please click here to start from the beginning.
don’t forget to comment, rate, share and/or like. I enjoy feedback.
Author’s Note: usually I don’t post on Sundays. weekends I try to use for reflection and other things – like my life.
I forgot to warn my readers about the weekend cliffhangers so I felt bad and decided to post on Sunday to let you know and to say I’m sorry about that.
For an elderly man, Elena also noticed he was handsome with crinkled dark gray hair, which contrasted sharply with his almost roasted skin. She knew he had been a handsome man in his younger days, but at eighty, Mr.Sloan Bradshaw looked tired.
Slowly, he opened up the most unique eyes of silver around the edges and brown in the middle. His lips cracked a little in an effort to smile, but in his weakened condition, she knew even this was hard for him. His eyes closed in exhaustion.
There was an invisible pull moving her forward and closer to him until she reached out, touched his hand.
The fact was, she couldn’t believe what she was seeing. The dreams had been coming so often and maybe it was fate talking to her telling her this man was coming in her life and the chance to find out who had been in the house was now more closer than she ever could have known.
The veins in the back of his hands were extended and age spots had begun, but his skin was soft.
His eyes opened and he looked up at her. An overwhelming sense of compassion seemed to circumference her emotionally and she found herself holding his hand tightly. He was too weak to smile anymore, but she could see the smile in his warm unique colored eyes.
Someone walking by the door brought her back to reality and she moved her hand away. “Rest, Mr. Bradshaw,” she said, tucking the covers under him. “I’ll … we’ll take good care of you.” Elena flushed to herself because she had never made a mistake like that before.
Now would not be the time to rush him with questions or demand answers for what she eagerly wanted to know. He needed all the rest he could get and she would make sure of that.
After checking his vitals, she turned his light low and walked out.
Lori had gone an hour ago and Elena returned to the desk to inquire again about the previous patient. The medical clerk was able to pull up the electronic exit slip, which has been sent off the records and the body. Getting Records right before closing, Elena requested the paperwork.
The clerk looked highly irritated. “This can’t wait until tomorrow?”
“Please,” Elena emphasized.
The clerk rolled her eyes and retrieved the file. “You got five.”
“That’s all I need.” Elena said opening the file to scan through quickly. “Wait, the funeral home release papers are here already?”
“Are you asking me or telling me?” the woman asked sarcastically.
Elena bit back her remark, knowing she needed to coddle this woman in order to get the information and answers she needed. “How are the funeral home release papers in here already? He died just last night.”
The clerk shrugged. “Most likely his family already notified them.”
“He didn’t have any family.”
“What the hell do I look like? A fricking family tree? I don’t know. I just get the reports and file them.”
Elena looked at the time the release came into the office. The clerk’s job was to time and date stamp everything. The funeral home release came five hours after and including in the paperwork were the body release papers from the morgue.
How could Mr. Cartwright’s body move through the system so fast when he ha no family members?
And then she saw her signature at the bottom of the release papers. Time of death was called by the doctor on duty, but the way the paperwork looked as if Elena had been there when Mr. Cartwright died.
The signature was a perfect match to hers.
“Time’s up,” the irritated clerk snapped checking her watch.
Elena needed more time, but knew fighting with the clerk over the matter would be too difficult. Only doctors could request the files away from the file room and she would have to ask the one person she really didn’t want to for a favor – Chance Jefferson.
Comment, like, rate, share and/or wave to the screen to let me know what you think.
- #MistakenIdentity Tres Amor #livestory #syllit Prologue Part 2 | Camp @NaNoWriMo.org wc2276 (sylviahubbard.com)
- I think I’m ready Camp @NaNoWriMo.org. Mistaken Identity 3 here I come! @LiveStory starts Aug 1st #amreading (sylviahubbard.com)
- Camp @Nanowrimo.org here I come! Mistaken Identity 3 #livestory starts August 1st! #amreading #amwriting #syllit (sylviahubbard.com)
- SylviaHubbard1 has sent you a letter from Camp NaNoWriMo (sylviahubbard.com)
- #MistakenIdentity Tres Amor #livestory #syllit Author’s Note & Prologue Part 1 | Camp @NaNoWriMo.org wc1725 (sylviahubbard.com)
- #MistakenIdentity Tres Amor #livestory #syllit Chapter 2.2 | Camp @NaNoWriMo.org wc6523 (sylviahubbard.com)
- Amazing Review frm Storm Goddess Book #Reviews for #HopeIsLove #syllit (sylviahubbard.com)
- Price Changes for two titles for the summer coming soon. #syllitGet yr copies now! (sylviahubbard.com)
- #MistakenIdentity Tres Amor #livestory #syllit Chapter 1 | Camp @NaNoWriMo.org wc (sylviahubbard.com)
- I was going to give up … Dealing emotionally with Bad Reviews/Critiques #syllit @sylviahubbard1 (sylviahubbard.com)
- #MistakenIdentity Tres Amor #livestory #syllit Author’s Note & Chapter 2 | Camp @NaNoWriMo.org wc5944 (sylviahubbard.com)