This artist has, also, had the honor of serving as a State Executives for the NAACP Youth & College Division for 5 years, a National Executive Board Member for Non-Greek ,Collegiate, Sisterhood Organization ( Sisters Striving For Excellence Inc.), a Co-Founder for a Pre-Alumni Association & a Collegiate Modeling Troupe. The Elitess has shown to be a true renaissance woman, with a love for people, art & the great gift of life.
How long have you been writing? I have been writing since 1994. My introduction to the artistry of poetry was given at the age of 10.
http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=motowritnetw-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=1450092004&fc1=000000&IS2=1<1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr· What prompted you to write Reflections of A Journey? I felt compelled to share my life’s story with others. I believe that other people are going through the same things & should know that they are not alone. I, also, needed to display my roots & growth process in my writing, after publishing my debut book “Soul Searching Confessions”.· Your alias is “The Elitess” , why was this name chosen to exemplify who you are as a writer ? Well, people often confuse my name “Elitess” with the term ‘ Elitist”. My name simply means, above average. I do not see myself as being better than anyone, but I do believe that I set myself to a higher standard of life. I make it my business to live, exemplify & deliver greatness in everything that I do. For these reasons, I have been christened as “The Elitess”, but maintain a great deal of humility towards my people.
· What are some of your other projects? I have had the opportunity to be featured as an Ultra Model Role Model, which has allowed me to reach out to a new market within communities around the world. I am, also, writing monthly poems for One Entertainment Magazine. While embracing all of these great opportunities, I am working to complete my Master’s degree program & working on my third book. “As I Am: Poetic Memoires of the Soul” should be complete by the spring of 2011.
· What are some of the experiences you have gone through as a young black writer? As a young African American Writer, I have experienced the challenges of self publishing ( self, promotion,editing,managing,etc) I have ,also, experienced the reluctance of acceptance by people who have not initially open to change.
· What words or suggestions would you provide to inspiring writers? I would suggest that inspiring writers learn the business behind publishing, management, etc. I would also suggest that people should go for what they desire & hope for. Never let anyone stunt your growth or kill your dreams. Only you have the power to stop your progress.
· What are your literary endeavors? As an author, it is my goal to become a household name. I want to share my experiences & allow them to serve as inspiration to those who are going through similar situations.
Web-links for Face-Book. MySpace, Twitter, Author Site, Blogs, and Networks
· Book can be purchased http://www.xlibris.com/reflectionsofajourney
Excerpt of your book
http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=motowritnetw-20&o=1&p=8&l=bpl&asins=1450092004&fc1=000000&IS2=1<1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifrEvery Woman’s Dream Man
I can, only, describe you as every woman’s dream man.
You seem to hold every woman’s peaked interest in your hand.
With the tone of your voice & with the sensuality in your
Speech, you, effortlessly, knock even the most jaded
Woman off her feet & makes the strongest of women weak.
You are every woman’s dream man.
The wisdom you provide & the respect you, silently, demand
Arouses the imaginations of an woman that comes through
You’re passing. At first meetings, all females hope
That you’re enticing face & strong embrace w/ them
Will be everlasting because…..
You are every woman’s dream man,
Every lady’s midnight fantasy, epitome of perfection
Every female’s answered prayer & every girl’s
List of wants & needs brought to life. Anyone
Woman would be blessed to be titled as your wife;
That is every woman’s dream & in spite of your
Humility, I know that you know that all that you request
Is at your beck & call…
After all you are every woman’s dream man.