I feel like the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland sometimes, cause I’m always late for something as I am today in my posting.
Why wait until the end of the year to make goals and plans?
I’ve always wondered about that. This year passed so fast, I don’t think I got anything on my literary itinerary completed even the date for my 5th paperback book, His Substitute Wife… My Sister is not even completing the editing stage.
I wanted to do something different this year so I decided to do a list of Things I’m Not Going To Do.
- I’m not going to except less than what I want
- I’m not going to shuck my writing time to check out the latest blockbuster movie. (This might be difficult.)
- I’m not going to snack while I write unless it’s fruits and vegetables.
- I’m not going to use lazy verbs. Details, Details, Details.
- I’m not going to get mad at my fingers anymore when they can’t type as fast as my brain can think.
- I’m not going to use my church time to text story notes on my phone.
- I’m not going to shuck my writing time to go out on trifling dates anymore. (If so, I’m going to wear my “I’d Rather Be Writing” T-Shirt or unless I run out of fodder for my romance stories, LOL. Hey, ya gotta use men for something. Just kidding – NOT)
That’s all the not goings to do for now. Add your own for you or maybe you have a suggestion for me, LOL.
Merry Christmas and blessings for a great New Year. May we all have our own not goings to make our lives and mental states just a little happier.
3 thoughts on “THINGS I’M NOT GOING TO DO…for the New Year”
I’m not gonna complain about not having a graphic designer anymore (not even in my thoughts). I’m gonna either finally find one that reasonable (whose not trying to break my bank) or take a few classes and become one myself. After all, my books deserve the covers I really want them to have, not the ones I have to settle for due to current printing limitations and general lack of know-how.
Thanks for the talk prompt, Sylvia.
Hey, Sylvia —
I’m not going to treat my personal deadlines as second tier priorities. I’m great at meeting the deadlines my publisher or other people set for me, but I have a habit of pushing my internal deadlines aside for the kids, or work, or whatever taps on my overflowing calendar. But not this year!!
Thanks for the push!
I really like your things your not going to do in the New Year. I am not going to wait till the last minute to meet deadlines. I am not going to focus on others needs as much ( i need to get my own house in order). I’m not going to deny my dreams so that they can become a reality. Just a few things i won’t do.
Comments are closed.